Vtelevision (Spain) - case study
Galicia will soon have a new digital television channel with a young, urban and independent character permanently open to participation.The new private regional channel Vtelevision is the first launched by La Voz de Galicia group, owner of the regional digital terrestrial television private license for this Spanish autonomous community.
For this adventure, Vtelevision totally trusted VSN to build a tapeless, end-to-end automated, 100% digital channel without any exorbitant investments and able to operate efficiently with a reduced group of people.
The young station operates with P2 technology and constitutes a showcase for all the systems that VSN can offer to broadcasters today, from ingest to master control operation including news production, archive, automation, video servers, graphics, teleprompter, traffic and advertising management (integrated with the La Voz de Galicia system).
Vtelevision trusts VSN the fully automation of the channel
- Launching a new private autonomous DTT tapeless channel with minimum human and technical resources with the highest automation level in only 3 months.
- Last December 2009, Vtelevision grants the full turnkey project to NRD, VSN dealer, including the complete production, archive and digital broadcast solution in rough competition with other renowned manufacturers like Dalet, Vector3, etc.
- NRD installs all the infraestructure and wiring between February and March. The full system includes the following modules: 4 scheduled video ingest channels controlled by VSNAUTOREC DIRECTOR
- A digital news and program system VSNNEWS featuring playout, VSNCG graphics, VSNPROMPTER teleprompter and 12 VSNNEWS TERMINAL clients with Edius editing capabilities including some portable and remote client terminals. VSNIPTRANFER for the contribution of all 4 branches, and a VSNFREEMOVE virtual set solution in the studio set.
- FCP Postproducción (pre-existing) integrated with the VSNMACSHARER MAM and the multiplatform H.264 compression version of the archive system VSNARCHIVE. All disk storage units in the system are VSNSTORAGE.
- Master control based on 2 VMAX video servers and VizRT graphics system controlled by VSNMULTICOM in a totally redundant architecture.
- A VSNCREATV Traffic and Scheduling system including advertising management integrated with La Voz de Galicia's own system.
- By the end of March 2010, integration and training are complete. Vtelevision is currently producing contents both in their Arteixo's (A Coruña) central operation and the different stations. These contents are delivered to Arteixo via the contribution solution VSNIPTRANFER over IP networks. Postproduction employs Grassvalley Edius non-linear and Apple FinalCutPro systems, both integrated with VSN's MAM.
- All temporary and budgetary goals have been met plentifully.
Related case studies
- Archive & Media Asset Management
- News Playout
- Journalist Tools
- Transcoding and Render
- Monitoring & Legal Compliance
- Scheduling, Traffic and Management
- IP Contribution - Distribution