laSexta (Spain) - case study
- Silvia Roy Gonzalez, MCR Technical Director
One of the major problems that everybody in the world has is the need to be efficient in the work. VSN systems help us to obtain this efficiency.
The sixth nationwide broadcast TV station in Spain, laSexta, automates its workflow with vsnmulticom
- Gestora de Inversiones Audiovisuales La Sexta (GIA La Sexta) was in need of a 24/7 automation system for their two channels: laSexta and Gol Televisión.
- They required an automation system capable of managing playlists and graphics, subtitling, aspect ratio conversion, etc.
- Automated ingest of contents and file transfer.
- They needed a specific solution allowing automatic content recording and web publishing at the web portal misexta.tv.
- They also required the automation of disconnections in the Canary Islands.
- On the other hand, VSN should supply a specific solution that could manage the multi-screen display for the Formula One racing during commercial breaks.
VSN supplied the network its automation system VSNMULTICOM and developed specific solutions adapted to the needs of laSexta and Gol Televisión channels. The system allows for the basic automation of the channels as well as the management and definition of specific rules for auxiliary actions.
- The software application MconTransfer was developed, which allows for the automated transfer of media files.
- The software application SynchClient (VO) allows to automate specific rules involving auxiliary actions for playlist management.
- The sofware application Ropert was designed to fit in the commercial blocks during disconnections.
- The integration of VSN with different third-party systems has provided laSexta and Gol Televisión with a more flexible workflow
- The channels can operate on a flexible automation system that allows to define specific rules for auxiliary actions.
- The probability of error has decreased
- Strict observance of all commitments to quality.
laSexta is the sixth nationwide broadcast television station in Spain. It is privately owned and began broadcasting in 2006. It is fully automated with the VSNMULTICOM system.
laSexta is one of the two channels owned by Gestora de Inversiones Audiovisuales La Sexta (GIA La Sexta), along with the pay TV channel Gol Televisión.
LaSexta's offers a programming for general audiences with a focus on comedy shows, entertainment, American tv series and sports.
GIA La Sexta owns two sites, one in Ciudad de la Imagen in Pozuelo de Alarcón (Madrid), mainly devoted to newscast production, programming and diverse logistics and the other in the Centro Imagina in Esplugas de Llobregat (Barcelona) where the broadcast and master control is controlled with the VSNMULTICOM solution.
laSexta purchased the software VSNMULTICOM to automate all the playout, device control and ingest technical processes. VSN tailored the tool to meet one of the most demanding automation requests.