VallèsVisió (Spain) - case study
- Jordi Vilanova, Head of Technical Department
The VSN systems allow local TV channels to go forward with high quality standards and efficiency.
Vallès Visió, a case of 100% tapeless automation thanks to VSN
- The project came up by initiative of the Consorci Teledigital Mollet. This body currently manages the local DTT channel, Vallès Visió, which broadcasts from the town of Mollet del Vallès. The channel's origins go back to 2006 and it was officially inaugurated last 25th of March 2010.
- After calling for a public contest, the NRD company, VSN's dealer, was awarded the contract. A complete broadcast automation and digitization system was needed to reduce costs.
- Also, due to a programming schedule based on news programs and their own productions, the channel was in need of a complete news productions system. Furthermore, it had to be a turnkey project.
- The channel was integrated in a 100% tapeless workflow, from news gathering on site until they were aired.
- VSN supplied the channel with a playout system based on a VMAX server and a graphics system VSNCG, all controlled by the a VSNMULTICOM automation, in a totally redundant configuration.
- They also supplied a complete news production digital system VSNNEWS. This solution included the playout system VSNSIRNEWS, graphics VSNCG, teleprompter VSNPROMPTER and 5 VSNNEWS TERMINAL workstations with Edius editing. The virtual set Brainstorm was integrated in the installation.
- The whole system also included several video scheduled ingest channels controlled by VSNAUTOREC DIRECTOR, a storage system VSNSTORAGE and the compliance recording solution VSNLEGALREC.
- Tapeless work was a key factor in this project. From the recording outside by the journalists with Sony EX-1 cameras and SxS cards to broadcasting, no tapes are used. All is performed with video and audio files, thus allowing big savings in production costs and maintenance of the Vallès Visió equipment.
- The ingest system VSNAUTOREC facilitates automatic recordings over time intervals which otherwise would be very costly for an operator to do manually.
- The integration of all VSN programs at Vallès Visió has increased quality ratings and has allowed for an error-free automation.
Vallès Visión is the state-run digital broadcaster of eastern Vallés. A new mass media that bets on information, general interest contents, the latest news on sports, culture and cinema as well as programs for the little ones.
Vallès Visión began regular broadcast on March 25th 2010 after having broadcast in testing phase since February 19th of the same year. Thanks to DTT -channel 40- Vallès Vision reaches the whole eastern Vallès area as well as some towns in the western area with the highest image quality. The potential audience is close to 400,000 viewers.
VSN supplied Vallès Visió with news production, content management and scheduling & traffic systems. Their master control and production playouts were fully automated including graphics generation.- Go to VallèsVisió website