Syrian National TV (Syria) - case study
- Ayman Al-Akhras, Technical Manager
The fact of having one single company in charge of most systems guarantees a painless commissioning process and minimises the training cycle for our staff.
Syrian National TV streamlines news operation with VSN
- Syrian National TV needed to undertake the deployment of a news production facility
- Its studios were equipped with six Sony BVP E30 standard definition cameras although wired for eight, Sony vision mixers, Sony VTRs, Evertz mulitviewers, Miranda graphics equipment as well as solutions from Harris and Tektronix
- Syrian national TV trusted in VSN as a guarantee for a full integration with graphics and other third parties’ equipment.
- VSN products are commanding various areas: programmed lines ingest (VSNAUTOREC), asset management (VSNNETSHARER), network editing (60 workstations with FC infrastructure), redundant studio playouts (VSNAIRNEWS), 60-seat NRCS system (VSNNEWS), teleprompter (VSNPROMPTER), complete digital archive (VSNARCHIVE, HSM plus a 132TB LTO-4 robotic tape library)
- The master control room will be run by the powerful VSNMULTICOM automation solution, in a fully redundant configuration, driving two parallel VMAX video servers
- VSN undertook the training for the newsroom solution in two phases with a gap between each course. The idea was to give the operators and managers enough time to assimilate the concepts of a tapeless environment for news production so that they could come up a meaningful list of questions by the second stage of training
- VSN carried out an installation of this size in only one month
- Syrian National TV is very happy with VSN, due to the fast implementation of the installation. “VSN was chosen because of its ease of use, its compatibility with the Arabic fonts and its seamless integration with the different modules of the newsroom system, namely ingest, playout, graphics system, wires feed from news agencies and MAM”
About Syrian National TV
Syrian Television is the official television broadcaster of Syria. It was formed in 1960, when Syria and Egypt (which adopted television that same year) were part of the United Arab Republic. It broadcasted in black and white until it transitioned to color started in 1976. Its workflow is carried out now in a tapeless environment, thanks to VSN- Go to Syrian National TV website
- Case Studies
- Internal Documents