Kantipur TV (Nepal) - case study
- Matindra Pradhan, Technical Director
We would like to thank entire VSN team for providing us great support whenever we needed and hope for the same in the future
Kantipur TV becomes the first 100% tapeless broadcast system in Nepal thanks to VSN
Kantipur TV had wishes to become the first tapeless TV channel in Nepal. Among other project requirements, they also needed:
- Two SD broadcasting channels upgradeable to HD.
- Redefinition of their workflow to gain higher efficiency and cost saving.
- Improve the quality of the ON AIR image and graphics.
- A solution that allows the remote reporters to send their pre-edited videos to the central newsroom and to broadcast live events in high quality through 3G mobile IP networks.
An end-to-end solution that includes:
- VSNAUTOREC Ingest system for four simultaneous channels.
- Redundant news playout system VSNNEWS with 20 licenses for journalists and 10 licenses for post-production.
- VSNMULTICOM Automation system and fully redundant video-servers VMAX.
- Three advancedgraphic generators VSNCG+.
- One trackless multicamera virtual studio VSNFREEMOVE.
- Legal compliance recording VSNLEGALREC.
- VSNIPTRANSFER for the IP contribution and distribution of digital media
The installation has been developed by VSN in collaboration with its local partner in Nepal Soheto. Kantipur TV’s engineering team emphasized the technical quality of the solution provided and the level of redundancy and flexibility of all VSN solutions.
About Kantipur TV
Kantipur TV is the main private TV channel of Nepal and has been broadcasting non-stop since 2003 covering the Indian subcontinent, Pacific and North America. Kantipur Network produces entertaining programs, interviews and national and international- Go to Kantipur TV website
- Case Studies
- News & press releases