RAUDOS 2 Project
VSN participates in RAUDOS2, the Spanish government project for a Network of Media Content Distribution in Multiplatform
The project is sponsored and promoted by the EU and the Spanish Ministry of Industry and has the collaboration of universities, technological centers and high-tech companies as VSN
VSN collaborates in the public project RAUDOS 2 (Red Interactiva Multiplataforma de Contenidos Audiovisuales - Interactive Multiplatform Network of Media Content) for the development of a social network with access to media via multi-device and multi-technology. The project is promoted and financed by the European Regional Development Fund (ERDF) and the Ministry of Industry, Tourism and Commerce.
The main objective of Raudos Project is to create a system that maximizes the potential of the data networks to legally publish media content generating a new business model of media content distribution.
The technical objectives of the project are:
- Improve the scalability of the content distribution system in Internet with multi-device compatibility.
- Extend the concept of user-generated content to any device.
- Get a real experience in advertising solutions for video, based on content analysis.
- Generate new ‘content recommendations’ by adding “Ambient intelligence”.
- Create a Media Content Network that contains user-generated Content, free content and professional content, always controlling the owner-rights.
VSN participates in the project in collaboration with i2Cat and has developed the Video P2P distribution platform to improve the scalability and robustness of the Raudos Platform. Moreover, it has introduced scalable video techniques (MDC) to improve the quality of reception in heterogeneous environments. It has incorporated encryption techniques and right content protection for video on demand (VoD) or Live distributed with P2P, needed for a commercial exploitation of the system.
The project is supported by various Spanish Universities and technological entities, such as VSN, AIDO, Andago Engineering, CBT Comunication & Multimedia, the Institute of Inter-university Program Development, the University Institute of Applied Microelectronics (University of Las Palmas de Gran Canaria), Kirmedia, Safeview, U3CM and the University of Vigo.
Image by i2Cat: