la télé (Switzerland) - case study
- François Vittoz, Head of Technical Department in La Télé
Our challenge was to create a fully HD automated new local television. The principal difficulty was to integrate all elements of the channel into one single software application, not too expensive, and distributed in Switzerland on time. Visuals Switzerland had the solution we were looking for: VSN. A coherent solution to optimize the production of our little TV station.
La Télé goes 'OneStop' digital HD with VSN
- The Vaud-Fribourg TV project (recently named La Télé), comprising 5 classic regional channels (TVRL, ICI TV, CHANNEL NV, Max TV and VAL TV), gained its digital regional broadcast licence in 2008.
- With four branches and the main technical headquarters located in Lausanne, La Télé appointed Visuals Switzerland to supply and integrate the complete new digital infrastructure.
- The Swiss channel needed a brand new digital HD infrastructure covering the areas of newsroom, live production, master control and archive, from VSN. The standard video format to be used was HDV all along the production chain.
- Due to the very tight deadlines, the whole system had to be installed in less than one month.
- The Newsroom solution (VSNNEWS) includes a total of 25 seats, some of them located in the local branches and contributing (text, video, audio content) to the central system
- Playout, graphics and teleprompter (all from VSN too) are fully synchronized
- The associated digital archive is VSNARCHIVE, on HD units.
- The master control features 2 VSNMATIC playout videoservers and VSNCG graphics server, controlling the routers and peripheral devices for a totally automated operation.
- It includes VSNAUTOREC ingest servers, with control and automation of the routing switcher"
- In a second stage, VSNCREATV, the solution for Schedulling, Traffic and Management, has been installed.
- The channel's development and technology made it possible for the programs to have an excellent development.
- The channel has a 100% tapeless infrastructure, from news gathering until the news is aired, thereby providing big savings in production costs and equipment maintenance.
- The channel's programming has a young and fresh journalistic style. Everything is now managed by the VSN automation system.
About la télé
La télé is a Swiss regional TV Channel. Its broadcast covers the cantons of Vaud and Fribourg. La Télé operates in digital HD infraestructre, covering the areas of newsroom, live production, master control and archive, from VSN.
The Vaud-Fribourg TV project (recently named La Télé), comprising 5 classic regional channels, gained its digital regional broadcast license in 2008.
La Télé offers varied programming: news, current affairs, and theme programs such as Cliniquement vôtre – about medicine- and Marque Page – about literature. It also broadcasts TV series and entertaining shows.
VSN supplied the TV channel a brand new digital HD infrastructure covering the areas of ingest (VSNAUTOREC), newsroom (VSNNEWS), live production, master control (VSNMATIC), graphics (VSNCG), archive (VSNARCHIVE), and the solution for scheduling, traffic, and management (VSNCREATV).- Go to la télé website