Release Notes 2023/3
- DISCLAIMER: Dear customer, as you know, to guarantee a smooth and efficient operation, it is critical to regularly update your systems to the latest versions. Hence, please note that our Support team can offer update services for a maximum of 6 previous releases. Consequently, if you are using versions older than the latest 6 releases, we regret to inform you that our Support team could reject the update services for those specific versions.
1.1 What’s new?
- Show a message to the user at every login if the Recycle Bin is enabled in the system. Users can decide to stop showing this message in future logins.
- Improvements to the zoom bar feature in player.
- [BETA] Advanced searches of segments.
- In the events tab, being able to activate or deactivate each individual agent.
- In the events tab, being able to decide for each indivual agent if the event must continue or stop when facing errors.
- Display the “agent” display name instead of the “published agent” display name in the Workflows Viewer.
- New Reports to reveal the status of the system.
- Feature to change parameters temporally and restore documents.
- Several UI improvements in the BI module.
- Migration of services to the new .Net Framework.
- UI/UX improvements.
For more information about these and the rest of VSNExplorer features, visit the VSNExplorer User’s Guide, accessible from the VSNExplorer web interface.
1.2 Fixed Issues
- Enumeration orders are not being saved properly.
- Issue with Change Asset Process State agent.
- Avoid opening impersonation in each user selection after opening an impersonation the first time.
- Buttons are not blocked while uploading a file.
- Wrong display of date ranges in BI.
- In the files tab, when you send a cut from player for a wedit the text sent to cut appears on the left corner and not in the place of the player box.
- In BI document wizards, users can’t go back to the previous step of parameters if that parameter has invalid values.
- Combos content in new BI document wizard moves with scroll.
- Cannot launch agents from filegroups in an asset’s file.
- If there is an error when publishing a document, the user is not notified.
- Reindex or remove from Index Files the asset when there are more 2048 files.
- Case sensitive search when the MAM header is collapsed is not working.
- In new segments the video format is not correctly represented in timecodes.
- Double refresh on files hides the files list.
- Invalid layout when returning from full screen in Wedit.
- When changing the video standard, the metadata of the segments is lost.
- When there is an error reading BI documents and dashboards, the configuration menu remains empty.
- When there is some error getting BI document types in new document wizard, the interface remains inconsistent.
- Delays in loading BPM tasks.
- Failed load search on published agent.
- After registering a video in an asset and reloading the asset, segmentation player doesn’t load the video.
- BPM tasks notifications don’t work when the VSNExplorer header is collapsed.
- Errors in the console when saving segments.
- Hidden buttons and fields with several sub-groups in purge assets agent.
- Problem cancelling the user selection in user field of segments search.
- The buttons in profiles configurator users’ selection dialog are not working.
- Workflows Viewer can’t load if the password has XML special characters.
2.1 What’s new?
- Metadata filters in catalog
- [BETA] View all the related rights information (start and expiration. dates, available showings) from the productions.
- [BETA] View all Broadcast History information from the productions
- To be able to associate productions in the Graphic templates to be used for Picture in Picture graphics.
- New metadata field type “Catalog” to be able to select any catalog elements.
- Persistent metadata filters in all entities.
- Being able to search by the Auto Generated fields type.
2.1.3 Linear Broadcast
- To be able to unconsolidate a playlist.
- To see creation and modification details for each block.
- To be able to create multiple grids for a period of time.
- To see the related service orders from a playlist.
- Add an info message indicating that only validated Service Orders will be imported in playlsits.
- [BETA] New option to replace a block with another container from the grid.
- When opening a grid, to be able to see the blocks information in view mode.
- Ability to stay on the month a user is working on
- Show real duration of External Containers in playlists
- In Ad Rates, the Seconds field selector now goes one by one (instead of five by five).
2.1.5 Nonlinear Scheduling
- Replace media uploaded to Omny Studio and Brightcove.
- Integration with Youtube Content Management System (CMS) to upload productions to specific Youtube CMS channels.
- Remove Episodic Scheduling feature temporarily
- New option “Between” for the Date, Date Time, Time and Number fields.
- To be able to launch actions and events on Digital Rights.
- Notify to user when session has been expired to be able to login again.
- Technical debt and refactoring.
For more information about these and the rest of VSNCrea features, visit the VSN Crea User’s Guide.
2.2 Fixed issues
- Utc/non-utc time and information missing when publishing to nonlinear platforms.
- Error messages not displayed in Brightcove geolocation fields in digital rights package
- Can´t create content inside/under Drama series and documentary series
- The playlist does not have the scroll sidebar until you scroll all the way to the right.
- Conflict with UTC times in automatic export of playlists.
- Error when selecting limits per block in container.
- It does not set the graphic object when creating a template.
- User information is not being saved in Ad Rates.
- Cannot select events in bulk.
- BXF Playlist – Graphic Object instead of Graphic ID for GFX.
- Omny/Brightcove > Reupload > Typo error in the pop up window.
- Issue with cursor positioning when editing a text field.
- Rating calculation error.
- Double vertical scroll when inserting graphic templates in playlist.
- Unable to see edit button when clicking on production at the bottom of calendar.
- Invalid timecode in BXF Schedule.
- License issue with remote desktop connection to Crea server.
- Brightcove > Publishing Time and Unpublishing Date is not updated on Endpoint.
- Issue with CPM real.
- Error in Fast Scheduling for graphics.
- Replace productions option is using the UTC timing.
- The production can be scheduled in particular time window even if content type/content/production is set to be rejected on that particular time window.
- Category field should be mandatory in the YouTube tab.
- When deleting a Grid, it also deletes the Service Order events contained on that grid.
- The Path of the folders does not work if there are no subfolders.
- Filter persistence across all entities.
- Hiding passwords of MAM plugin.
- Total amortization costs in the Broadcast Rights packages show too many decimals and the total seems to be wrong.
- It should not be possible to specify the price for graphics in the free service order.
- Wrong time zone in reports.
3. VSN BP Editor
3.1 What’s new?
- The internal user tasks now have a distinct name so that when filtering them in VSNExplorer using the running processes window, users can differentiate the tasks by name, avoiding repetition in the task dropdown.
4. VSN News Connect
4.1 What’s new?
- The last selected PAM category is saved so the user doesn’t have to select the same category every time.
4.2 Fixed Issues
- Sometimes Wedit in NewsConnect gets blocked when adding a clip.
- Error 500 executing asset actions from NewsConnect.
5. Workflows & Integrations
5.1 What’s new?
- Auto-uploading content to VSNOneTV. Detection of missing files on the videoserver and requesting each missing file from VSNExplorer MAM. This request will trigger the events configured in the system with the possibility of custom agents for each installation.
- QSCAN v2023.0.4.9498 integration. It is mandatory to use this version or higher to be able to work with VSNExplorer.
- To be able to use Adobe Media Encoder if Nablet fails normalizing the files.
- New Nablet version: 2.5.405.
5.2 Fixed issues
- Workflows Manager service installer gets blocked when updating the database version.
6. VSNOne TV
6.1 What ‘s New?
- We are pleased to formally announce the release of software branch 2.10, which incorporates significant additions in terms of major features.
Notable new features include:
1. Integration of a new 3D graphics engine.
The 3D graphics engine module is based on Godot game engine and allows creation of advanced visual effects for broadcast graphics such as 3D transitions, scriptable 3D and 2D visual elements. It also allows creations of custom 3D applications such as virtual studio, complex infographics, sport and other 3D graphics applications which can be generally programmed in a modern game engine.
The following features come as part of the integration module:
– Window or windowless mode of the game engine which allows both interactive 3D application and fully programmable application as well.
– Output of the 3D engine in available in the media server as a live stream and can be used in all standard workflows such as playback in a program channel layer, output as fill+key, recording and others.
– Integration of all live streams of circulating in the media-server as live video textures in the game engine allowing to use live capture, output of program channels and other modules in the gave engine.
– Playback of all supported media file formats from the filesystem and media-database as a video texture in the game engine.
– Playback of standard media-server 3D graphics compositions as video textures in the game engine allowing to use all the available PIP, text and counter objects including RSS and data integration.
– Passing of events and commands between the game engine scripting engine and media-server action/event system allowing to integrate play-list and GPI events with game engine as well as sending commands to other media-server modules from the logic of the 3D application.
– Support for Free-D protocol allowing to use real-time positioning data from cameras that support position data for visual studio integration.
Godot Engine renders 2D and 3D scenes for the Godot game engine, considering camera tracking information. The module output generates a video stream with or without an alpha channel.
This module enables the use of VR and AR technologies in TV and internet broadcasting.
A graphic card driver with Vulkan API support is recommended for Godot module to work. * To view the Vulkan SDK library version installed on the server, use OpenGL Extension Viewer.
Projects prepared in Godot3 are supported with limitations and require prior verification. It is recommended to prepare projects in compatible versions.
If you open an object previously edited in earlier Godot versions, you will get a message: “This project was last edited in a different Godot version: XX”. We recommend creating a backup copy of the project before proceeding.
The image shows an example of interaction between software modules in VR mode.
The image shows an example of interaction between software modules in AR mode.
The image shows an example of interaction between software modules in 2D/3D design mode.
Functional elements in the diagram:
Capture Modules are used to capture LIVE sources (live broadcasts, studio signals).
RSS Feeder Module provides conversion of external data for display inside scenes.
Sends scene control commands to the Godot module (switching scenes, enabling animation, etc.).
Sends data from the playlist to be displayed inside scenes (clip titles, artist names, geo tags and other information).
Plays the scene rendering result by the playlist, with overlaying logos and other linear graphics of the channel.
Playout Module provides signal output to an output board (SD, IP, etc.).
AirManager client application:
Provides playlist management of the Program module.
Allows sending control commands to the Godot module manually (switching scenes, enabling animation, etc.).
VideoStreamPlayer objects are used to output video streams inside scenes.
2. Media Recording
The Recorder and Recorder Manager components have been updated with the following improvements:
- Integration with IN2IT for media transfer after and during recording
- New web-based UI for Recorder Manager scheduler and Recorder control including timeline, job-list and “studio” control style
- Scheduling of back-to-back recording for recorder manager
- Continuous, chunk based, recording mode
- Recording profile and source control directly from recording list
3. External Audio support
Playout and Capture modules are now capable of output and reception of additional audio channels to and from system audio devices. Most notably this allows output to AES67/Dante devices in parallel to SDI output as well as capture from AES67/Dante devices and adding as additional audio channels to SDI captures. Both Playout and Capture modules allow for adding configurable delay adjustment for audio/video synchronization.
4. AJA Playout and Capture cards
Capture and Playout modules now support cards produced by AJA Video Systems.
The supported cards include:
- Corvid (Developer) cards.
- KONA (Desktop IO) cards.
- T-Tap pro, IO X3 and IO 4K (Thunderbolt) devices.
5. Integration with external MAM and Archive system
This release adds a new CMSSync application which allows for automated media transfer from external MAM and Archive system based on the currently loaded program channel playlists.
The CMDSync app monitors the configured playlists and the contents of the playout media-database and requests missing media assets from an external MAM/Archive system.
6. In addition to new major feature additions there are a lot of smaller incremental changes that were implemented in various components:
- In MaConnect application there is a new Media asset certificate/status toolbar for quick media status operations.
- In AirMgr Broadcast window it’s now possible to select multiple lines and choose the “Selection Preview” command from the right mouse button menu. This allows to load multiple lines into the FileMonitor and preview the concatenations of playlist items.
- The Segment Editor in AirMgr and MaConnect applications during “Cut” operations now asks for parameters for both segments in one dialog window.
- Nielsen watermarking improvements and fixes.
- The external subtitling module now support Fingertext devices.
- Capture module allows to add separate delays for video and audio for audio/video synchronization adjustments.
- The media-database now allows for detailed open files tracking for better workflow troubleshooting.
- ProgramChannel module can now be configured to suppress generation of some playlist events and secondary events when the main/backup synchronization mode is active.
- AirMgr marker displays CountDownToLine and CountDownToCondition now support audio alerts.
- Added AirMgr marker display OutputStream which displays the current output url for IP outputs.
- All UI elements that display webpages now use the WebView2 (Edge) component.
- The WebPreview profiles in the media-database can now be configured for profile auto-creation.
- Improved quality of the statistical multiplexing algorithm.
- The ProgramChannel now allows for random clip selection/rotation from a predefined folder for automated ad/announce block generation
- Transfermgr can now be configured to delete source media for failed transfers
- ProgramChannel can now dump the current playlist in realtime using format templates
- TransferMgr can now be used for transferring of stand-alone XML files
- TransferMgr can now use the HouseNumber media attribute as the destination media ID
- TransferMgr now supports MoveForAttach transfer mode
- TransferMgr now supports segment extraction transfer mode
- Media asset segment generation based on BXF metadata is now supported
- Capture module now exports “Signal Present” flag via SNMP
- EazyMuxer now supports manual source Suspend/Resume operations
- Neovid service log now allows to create custom log windows/files using configurable log filters and extraction messages from logs of other services
- MultiViewer module now allows output window position configuration for the “Soft” output driver
- The LSM module now support the multi-camera output module
- The Capture module now support built-in ColorKey and is capable of producing Fill+Key signal
7. Technical Aspects
- The recommended browsers for both VSNExplorer and VSNCrea are Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox. (The certification process for these Release versions has been passed using Firefox v.114.0).
- Latest fully compatible and certified OSX version: 10.13 High Sierra.
- Run Explorer Client (v.220.127.116.11) software on all workstations to be sure the users have all recommended software versions for VSNExplorer.
- The latest VSNDesktopAgent Plus Installer version should be updated in all needed workstations (Windows: v.5.6.556.0 / OSX: v.3.92.3480).
- If you have VSNCrea with the integration with VSNExplorer MAM, it is recommended to update both systems to these latest versions.
- It is recommended to execute a Full Reindexation in VSNExplorer after the update.
- It is recommended to clean the cache of your web browser after the update.
8. Getting help
9. Follow us
- Watch all our media resources and register to our Webinars at: https://www.vsn-tv.com/en/media/resources/
- If you would like to know about VSN, you can always subscribe to our newsletter! A monthly dose of the best VSN content and e-learning resources sent right to your inbox. To ensure you don’t miss out on all the good stuff, sign up for it here: https://www.vsn-tv.com/en/our-newsletter/
- Discover more at: www.vsn-tv.com
- Get to know all our latest news or just get in touch with us at: