Release notes 2022/3
1.1 What’s new?
- Show an alert when trying to edit the title of an asset that it is locked from the search results.
- Enlarge the segment window texts size.
- Segment selection is auto-adjusting according to the zoom size.
- When draggind and drop a file into an asset of a PAM category, highlight the destination.
1.1.4 Media Exchange
- View all subsriptions for a given Exchange Point.
1.1.5 Workflows Manager
- Set “Reverse Order” as the default view in VSN Workflows Viewer.
- New background in the VSNExplorer login page.
- Visual improvements in Search in MAM tab of WebRegister.
- For more information about these and the rest of VSNExplorer features, visit the VSNExplorer User’s Guide, accessible from the same VSNExplorer web interface.
1.2 Fixed issues
- Advanced search with custom result fields, should return highlighted in those same custom fields.
- Can’t edit title of asset with rules in search, altought rules FT are disabled.
- When a segment has no description, the player is not loading it properly.
- Change multifield from ShortText to Long Text break metadata in asset.
- Agents that contain a search are not loaded.
- I can rename folders in daily view using invalid characters.
- Error loading permissions window on metadata tables.
2.1 What’s new?
- To be able to select and delete multiple catalog elements.
- To be able to define scripting metadata rules for each metadata entity.
- To be able to define default metadata values for each metadata field.
2.1.3 Linear Broadcast
- Rename VSNOneTV playlist files as YYYYMMDD_ChannelID.clf
- Improvements in VSNOneTV integration.
- When you insert content into the playlist now you can filter to Show the expired content.
- Include additional costs for Acquisitions Contracts.
- To be able to define the currency to be used in all price fields for the Acquisitions contracts.
- Include additional costs for Commercial Contracts.
- To be able to monetize Graphics based on Ad Rates (when Scheduling).
- Fast Scheduling option in Commercials Service Orders.
- To be able to define the currency to be used in all price fields for the Ad Rates.
- To be able to define the currency to be used in all price fields for the Commercial contracts.
- To apply the price modificator (discounts or surchages) based on the scheduling positions.
2.1.6 Linear Scheduling
- Fast Scheduling option in Promos Service Orders.
- New texts and help tooltips for the Service Order modes.
- MAM plugin: To support sincronization of Date, Date Time and Time fields.
- OTT integration with Switch Media.
- Integration with Servibanca for commercials management.
- To be able to schedule content to Switch Media OTT platform.
- To be able to configure the Workflows Mananger service parameters from the VSNCrea Management web.
- Events: Automatic launch of agents when uploading file to a commercial contract.
- New web interface of VSNCrea Management.
For more information about these and the rest of VSNCrea features, visit the VSNCrea User’s Guide.
2.2 Fixed issues
- Unable to clear schedules in service orders after schedule.
- In the Productions form, the platforms section is not hidden.
- If you change the name of a Content Type on the catalog, this won’t be reflected on the Block Events in playlists.
- Error in MAM plugin when segment does not exists.
- The mediaID pattern does not accept % and causes a significant inconsistency.
- The numbers of the week do not match.
- File Upload – Wrong behavior.
- Cannot create container types if the subchannel has just been created.
- Scheduled Positions column does not appear in playlist.
- If you change the name of a Content Type on the catalog, this won’t be reflected on the subchannel.
- If you open the pop-ups to access the playlist from a ADS channel and then you change to MAIN, this pop-ups doesn’t disappears, and allow you to access inside the ADS playlist/grid that you selected before.
- Even the format is selected as dd/mm/yyyy, in the reports i’ts still appearing wrong.
- The “Date” fields are not mandatory even when they are marked to be so.
- VSNOneTV graphics do not have the correct time if repetitions are applied.
- VSNOneTV logos (Logo and Age) are not assigned to the OneTV columns.
- Unlimited Shows for adquisitions are not working. With the checkbox pressed, the system is limiting the productions to the number you put in the first field.
- When modifying events from containers the window is empty.
- When we try to segment some clip from Crea, the pointer goes back to the first frame.
- When deleting a newly created content from the grid with a related block, lets delete the content.
- Review price calculation based on Ratings.
- Review error with the automatic promos insertion.
- Show the dependencies dialog when deleting containers.
- To solve issue with expiration dates (1970) when creating series of productions.
- External containers are migrated as normal blocks and containers are migrated without events.
- Erroneous duration to get price by rating.
3. VSN BP Editor
3.1 What’s new?
- When uploading a process, option to select in which area the “Start BP” action should be automatically created.
- When uploading a process, now the system is assigning permissions to execute the corresponding action to start the BP to the Area owners too.
- New “box” to update an asset metadata field (texts and numbers).
4. VSN NewsConnect
4.1 What’s new?
- To change the order of graphics layers in VSN NewsConnect.
- To be able to maximize de VSN NewsConnect player.
4.2 Fixed Issues
- If the first cluster studio is disabled and the station where the studio is assigned doesn’t exist or doesn’t have a GlobalConfig service running, MOS Gateway is trying to obtain the VSNOneTV graphics anyway.
- When a graphic is inserted, the timeline goes to TC 0.
5. VSN Livecom
6. Workflows & Integrations
6.1 What’s new?
- Workflow to use Google Cloud Platform translation services to translate the segments of an asset from one layer to another.
- VSN Reporter tool.
- Send an email with the list of faults.
- Download and analyze logs files.
- Create and upload zip files to ftp.
- New Nablet version 2.5.253.
- Update all services to support TLS 1.2.
- Youtube update: Migrate oAuth out-of-band flow to an alternative method.
- Workflow to retrieve metadata from VSNCrea and publish to Switch Media OTT.
7. VSNOne TV
7.1 What’s new?
7.1.1 General functionality
- In TransferMgr, creating links to one and the same file in the destination folder is now allowed only when the source is the mediabase.
- Operations in MediaBrowser and TransferMgr now correctly wait for the asset to unarchive to finish, in which case the operation has already started before copying is started.
- Added OnExistsRename mode to TransferMgr for copying in CopyOnce and CopyOnceRotate modes.
- Improved display of information on the Locations&Triggers tab in the material card in AirMgr/MaConnect.
- In AirMgr/CaConnect, the folder selection UI element has been optimized in all dialogs for media databases with a large number of subfolders.
- In the program channel for issuing information via the tsl_umd protocol, the ability to set the url in the form tsl_umd://IP:port/DISPLAY/ascii has been added. In this case, information will be output in ascii encoding.
- Added the ability to disable the periodic generation of empty scte-35 packets that keep the scte-35 pid in a “hot” state in the Playout module.
- Added the ability to set timeouts for opening media files in AirMgr.
- In the program channel, when generating records of secondary events in AsRun logs, the overlap of graphic layers with opaque layers is now taken into account.
- When processing RSS data, the parsing of XLS files is moved from Neovid to an external process.
- In neovid, the BV integration module no longer generates an error when processing MEDIA with a FOREIGNID that does not have an “ID#” section. Such MEDIA tags are now skipped.
- HOUSENUMBER and LinkID fields added to AirMgr/MaConnect in EventLog.
- In TransferMgr it is now possible to double-click from CopyList/DeleteList lists to the list of files in JobList.
- In the media base, logging to the EventLog of asset trimming operations and, also, changes in key frames and segments has been added. Actions performed by triggers are logged.
- Added a display to AirMgr showing the connection status with an external graphics station (CII, VizRt).
- There is no longer a short-term copying of certificates in the media base when creating shots and cutting clips.
- In the CII interface emulation module, the order of virtual layers now corresponds to the order of increasing layer number.
- When renaming services in the Neovid web console, run-time settings are now saved.
- Increased detail of the Event Log of the media base.
- Transfermgr now modifies rule names when copying rules to avoid duplicate names.
- The program channel now signals NO_MEDIA for elements with an empty Media field and an empty Player at the same time.
- In MediaBrowser, in the subtitle editing dialog, when importing SRT files, UTF-8 encoding is now checked.
- An optional playlist item metadata condition has been added to AirMgr for the OnAir display. In this way, it is possible to issue an appropriate indication when playing back a clip satisfying the conditions.
- A more detailed decryption of active connections to the media base has been made in the web console.
- Added an option to disable Fxx hotkeys in AirMgr.
- Transfermgr now copies assets when changing subtitle files, previously only metadata could be updated and new subtitles might not be taken into account in the resulting asset.
- CpMedia in copy mode OverwriteDifferent now checks for subtitle matching.
- The ReplaceMargin setting has been added to TransferMgr, which disables overwriting obsolete existing assets if less than the time specified in the settings is left before going on air. Cancellation of the started copying in the event of a change in the source in such a situation also does not occur.
- In the media browser, when exporting assets with a HiRes profile located in the archive, the set of transcoding options is now not limited.
- A display has been added to AirMgr that indicates the status of the controller of external graphic stations.
- In AirMgr, playlists for assets copied by TransferMgr in ShowWhenDone mode now show the Loading status instead of NoMedia.
- When changing the list of profiles (for example, when restoring from an archive or a BRV flash), the asset stump no longer changes in the transfer. Stumps of assets already copied by previous versions of Transfer Manager may become OUTDATED, which will lead to re-processing of such assets.
- The export dialog now offers video transcoding options for assets that have BRV flashed.
- In the Messenger service, the ability to run the service on behalf of a user specified by the administrator has been added.
- Improved performance in transfermgr when there are a large number of folders.
- Added switch Use Proxy as Source to transfermgr in Destination parameters.
- AirMgr for counter displays before playlist lines now does not count lines marked as Skip.
- AirMgr, MaConnect and NewsCut now use tone-preserving audio stretching algorithm when playing fast and slow in FileMonitor.
- For periodic triggers in the media base, a repeat mode has been added without limiting the number of repetitions.
- Improved Auto Fit function in graphic compositions.
- For triggers of the media base, the conditions for triggering by the presence of subtitles have been added.
- Fixed regression in watchfolder XMP mediabase metadata connector.
- Trigger condition Captions Changed added to mediabase.
- Improved performance of triggers in the mediabase when there are a large number of folders.
- In the mediabase, the condition for triggering the Certificate Changed triggers has been added.
- Fixed a regression in the mediabase that occurred when changing user certificates.
- Added operations for setting XMP fields of type Boolean and transferring an asset to another folder for mediabase triggers.
- Fixed dependency check in the status certificate installation dialogs in the mediabase.
- In the mediabase, when installing status certificates, the identifier of the user who installed this certificate is now noted.
- When configuring mediabase triggers, you can now use variables that take the values of the QC, User1-User8 and Cert1User – Cert8User fields.
- Actions have been added to the Recorder service that turns on and off the auto-generation of a record list according to a schedule.
- Fixed regression in video capture on Dektec boards introduced in 2.8.75.
- In the capture module on Matrox DSX boards, uninformative logging of messages about missed timestamps has been fixed.
7.2 Fixed issues
- Fixed channel order when decoding 8-channel AAC audio.
- Fixed sorting of elements in the media base log in AirMgr/MaConnect.
- Transfermgr fixed a regression in checking source filename filtering when transferring from the mediabase.
- In transfermgr, the work of file name filtering masks has been fixed in cases where the source contains several files with different “main” extensions, for example, if the source contains both “File.MXF” and “File.MGP”, you can use filters to configure import exactly “*.MXF”.
- In Transfermgr, in the proxy copy rules settings, saving proxy bitrate settings has been fixed.
- In the web console, the work of transferring the values of operating parameters has been fixed when renaming services sequentially and applying the configuration.
- In AirMgr/MaConnect, saving the settings of the “Event Log” window has been fixed, as well as some errors in the display.
- Fixed slow player termination when stopping/restarting the program channel in the program channel.
- Fixed a bug that occurred when loading some XLS files and which could cause applications to close.
- Newscut fixed selection (for Ripple-Delete) of space fragments with a length of 1 frame.
- In the Playout module in the Master/Backup configuration, the detection of a change in the name of the master service and the inclusion of Backup in such a situation has been fixed.
- Fixed an unlikely hang of client applications when they are closed.
- Fixed a bug in TransferMgr that caused the application to periodically close.
- When exporting files with additional files (XMP, SRT…) for additional files, the file modification date is now correctly affixed.
- In AirMgr/MaConnect in the Doc mode of the interface, uncontrolled increase in the toolbar zone was fixed when the vertical size of the main window was increased.
- In TransferMgr, when copying assets in the ShowWhenDone mode, NOT the appearance of an asset in case of cancellation of copying by the user or due to a change in the source is fixed.
- Fixed cpmedia messages (bringing file online).
- Fixed deletion of all subtitles in the media browser in the subtitle track editing dialog, as well as the import of subtitles in non-SRT formats.
- AirMgr/Maconnect fixes keyframe and segment editing windows.
- Fixed import of EPG data in Gracenote format.
- Fixed reading of initial timecode when importing files in MXF-OP1a, MP4/MOV and MPG formats.
- Fixed display of zero offsets for StopTime in Cast-lists for secondary events with start type FromEnd.
- Fixed regressions in parameterization of text fields in graphic compositions, when saving the media base with new trigger parameters, loading playlists, and editing segments.
- In the service of slow motion replays, the parameters of the output video signal have been corrected with configured export profiles.
- Fixed operation of the “Show CUE frame”=“ON” function in the program channel.
- Fixed a regression in the RSS feeder that occurred when saving rules for loading XLS files.
- Fixed display of picture-in-picture elements in graphic compositions when displayed with scaling and large offset.
- Fixed return value in HTTP REST interface when executing BV_MOVE_TO_ASSET command.
- In the Multiviewer service, the handling of errors that occur when sending an email has been fixed.
- RSS parameterization of graphic compositions can now use the “category” field.
- When displaying graphic compositions, the work of the AutoFitWidth function has been fixed.
8. Technical Aspects
- The recommended browsers for both VSNExplorer and VSNCrea are Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox. (The certification process for these Release versions has been passed using Firefox 94.0.1).
- Old versions of Microsoft Internet Explorer are not supported.
- Latest fully compatible and certified OSX version: 10.13 High Sierra.
- Run Explorer Client 184.108.40.206 software in all workstations to be sure the users have all recommended software versions for VSNExplorer.
- Latest VSNDesktopAgent Plus Installer 5.2.508.0 version should be updated in all needed workstations.
- If you have VSNCrea with the integration with VSNExplorer MAM, it is mandatory to update both systems to these latest versions.
- It is recommended to execute a Full Reindexation in VSNExplorer after the update.
- It is recommended to clean the cache of your web browser after the update.
9. Getting Help
- Access to the latest Product Release videos and to many more media content in one place: